...and i'm not talking about basketball.
March is finally here and that can only mean one thing... Lydia will be here soon! We are so excited to have our little girl here! We recently had a false alarm thinking that my water had broke, but when we had arrived at the hospital the nurse told me that my water hadn't broke and I wasn't even progressing. It was very hard to hear that news. We went home that night a little disappointed, but we knew that she would eventually be here.
I had an appointment with my doctor this Tuesday like I do every week, and I was dreading going because I didn't want to be told again that my body still wasn't progressing. I sat waiting for the doctor to come and I kept telling myself that I'm still at zero and nothing had changed. The doctor finally came in and checked me. To my surprise I am now dilated to a one and 80 percent effaced! I was totally shocked when she told me that, and I think she was too... My doctor is leaving for Ireland this week, so I have to see a different doctor next week, but if I haven't had Lydia before the 22nd Dr. Sorenson has scheduled me for an induction.
Now that I know that its almost time the nerves have really kicked in. Rick is more excited than anything, but I am now scared to death! I never realized how scared I would be for labor and then having to take care of a sweet and innocent life. I hope that when she comes that my motherly insticts will just kick in and it will all come naturally. I guess we'll have to see. Hopefully next time I post there will be pictures of a cute baby girl to go along with it. :)
Sydney I promise that you will do great! At both the delivery and motherhood!
ReplyDeleteAwe thanks!! I really hope so! :)
ReplyDeleteYay for little girls! I don't know what I'm having yet (technically I could have found out today but my hubby wasn't there so I said no!) but we hope it's a girl. I hope you are well and will keep you in our prayers for a successful delivery soon!
ReplyDelete